Sunday, February 19, 2012

Revlon Photoready Airbrush Foundation Review



I have always been a big fan of the original Revlon Photoready Foundation and so when the airbrush version was released I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Luckily, I found it on sale at Target for $10 (reg. retail $11.99) and then I used a $2 manufacture coupon and a $2 Target coupon bringing it down to $6. This would have been an awesome price for a bottle of foundation but I found this product to be a big disappointment. First of all, I hated that you couldn't control the amount of product that you get with just one pump. As you can see on the picture below, it dispenses way too much product and you end up wasting a lot of it.


It first comes out as a fluffy mousse and when you start to work the product in it becomes very watery.


Now moving on to the coverage, this is definitely lighter than the original photoready. I prefer a full coverage foundation myself and this is more on light to medium.  I guess this would have been ok  on days when I don't feel like having a thick layer of makeup on my face but I just couldn't get over the SMELL. It has a strange odor that some people would probably not mind but I'm just not one of them. It's because of this that even if I don't like to waste anything, this is most likely going to end up in the trash. Sorry Revlon but this is a product FAIL for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment