Friday, we went to go watch a movie and then ate out. Here is the outfit I wore.
My top is a plaid semi-sheer sleeveless shirt from Wet Seal. The jeans are by Mudd, brown belt from Target and brown wedges by Dolce Vita. As for my accesssories, I wore my favorite heart necklace by Dana Buchman, my white watch and bracelets I made.
Thanks for visiting my blog. Pls. feel free to ask questions or leave comments.
This time I needed to make a bigger palette and so I came up with the idea of using my daughter's old book.
For the materials, you will need:
-hardcover book (thickness should be the same as that of the foam)
-printed packaging tape
-sheet of black foam
1. I start by cutting out the pages of the book since we will only need the cover.
2. Measure and draw the window.
3. Cut out the window with your knife.
4. Place a strip of tape in the center to cover the crack where the pages used to be.
5. Next is cut your magnetic sheet. I placed one side of the book on top of my sheet as a guide. I decided to cut it a little smaller to leave room for my foam strips but this is optional since you can always glue your foam on top of your magnet too.
6. I then cut my foam into about 1cm strips (just eyeballed it) and then cut it based on the length and width of the back side of the book.
7. I then glued the magnetic sheet and foam using my fabric glue. (this is what I like to use on most of my projects even when its not fabric because it holds up pretty good but you can also use craft glue or your glue gun)
8. Next, I covered the edges of the window with tape by overlapping it and folding it over to the other side.
9. I then cut my transparent sheet to put over the window. I used the piece I cut out for the window as my guide and just added about an inch extra on each side.
9. Now you can tape the transparent sheet over the window.
10. Now cover the rest of the book with tape.
11. Almost done. Now cut a strip of ribbon long enough to be used as a flap to close the palette ( probably around 2 - 3 inches) and then attach one end to the backside of the palette by taping it.
12. Cut two 1 inch squares out of the left over magnetic strip and then place one on the front side of the palette where the ribbon flap is suppose to close and cover it with tape. Lastly, glue the other square on the ribbon.
...and you're done! I took a picture of this palette with one of the palettes from my first tutorial so you can see the difference in size.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Pls feel free to ask questions or leave comments. Thank you!
If you have been wanting to buy the Clarisonic Facial System but just couldn't bring yourself to pay over $100 on it then this might be the product for you.
This is the Spa Sonic 7pc Professional Kit. It includes:
•1 Face & Body Polisher Unit
•4 Facial Brush Heads
(Additional 2 units come in box)
•1 Body Brush
•1 Pumice Stone
•1 Microdermabrasion Sponge Attachment
•1 Long lasting AA
battery four pack – no need to charge
I've had mine for about two months now and I love it. I haven't had any breakouts since I started using this product. If you would like to read more about this product just follow this link.
I've had this black romper for a long time and I can't remember where I got it but it's one of my faves. For the shoes, I first went with my black wedges from Guess but ended up changing it to these red sandals from Kohls. To finish the look I just added a black belt and a red sweater and wore my black watch, a lace and gold chain bracelet I made and this jewelry set I got from "Q".
Today I'll be focusing on skin care products. Here is the list of items I will be reviewing:
-Freeman Avocado and Oatmeal Clay Mask
-Simple Light Moisturizer
-Simple Exfoliating Facial Wipes
-Dickinsons Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner
Freeman Avocado and Oatmeal Clay Mask - ARP $4.00
I have really been liking this product so I say GET IT! I used to use the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask but I like this one better.
Simple Light Moisturizer - ARP $10.00
Don't even bother with this product. I can't believe this was made for people with sensitive skin. After I applied this moisturizer, it immediately felt like my whole face was on fire...and to think that I don't even have sensitive skin. This is definitely on top of my FORGET IT list.
Simple Exfoliating Facial - ARP $5.00
This is not a bad product but it's not great either. I actually prefer the Ponds makeup wipes over these. Maybe if it was a dollar or two I would repurchase it, but otherwise I would just FORGET IT!
I really thought this was going to be an awesome product especially because it was recommended by Dr. Oz but this turned out to be just ok. I've used up almost half of this bottle and yet it seems like it hasn't done anything for my skin so for me I'm going to have to say FORGET IT!
Yesterday I went to see the movie Batman The Dark Knight Rises with my husband and our friends. Almost everything I had on was from target. Both the purple knitted top and the jeans are by Mossimo and the shoes are Dolce Vita. I also wore a black cami from F21.
For my accessories, I wore this set I just got from a store called Q. This reminds me of Tory Burch.
I used one of my favorite palettes, Wet n Wild's Lust, for this look.
Thanks for stopping by! Pls feel free to ask questions or leave comments.
Tuesday, I was still feeling a little sick but I needed to go to the post office and pick up my girls at school so I just threw on my ever dependable white v-neck shirt, a pair of denim shorts and my converse sneakers.
For my accessories, I wore my black heart and neon Harajuku necklace, a black adidas watch, a neon pyramid bracelet from F21, a black and white bracelet I made and another black bracelet with a buckle (can't remember where I got it).
GET IT or FORGET IT is a segment that I decided to create for my blog where I will be doing quick reviews on a bunch of products at one time. Instead of posting long reviews on each product which I know a lot of people don't have time to read, I will just tell you if the product worked for me or not and why in the shortest way possible. Ok, so let's get on with it...
For todays GET IT or FORGET IT I'll be reviewing these products:
-Maybelline Megaplush Volum Express Mascara
-Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Cream Eyeliner
-Almay One Coat Get Up and Grow Mascara
-Loreal Voluminous False Fiber Lash Mascara
-Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
Don't waste your time on this one....just FORGET IT! I don't get why they made the wand flexible. It just made it so much harder to apply since you had no control over the wand and the worst thing about this mascara...RACOON EYES! Need I say more?!
PHYSICIANS FORMULA SHIMMER STRIPS GEL EYELINER - Brown Eyes
This one is a GET IT product for me. It was very easy to apply and the lasting power is amazing. I also love that you get three colors. The one for brown eyes comes with black, brown and purple. I guess its off to the store to get the other colors.
ALMAY ONE COAT GET UP AND GROW MASCARA - Waterproof
Both the brush and formula are ok but there was nothing extraordinary about this mascara in my opinion so in my book this is more of a FORGET IT product although there is that possibility that this might work for someone else.
I like this mascara so it's a GET IT. I really liked the regular voluminous mascara except that it was a little runny when you first opened it. The good news is, this one isnt. The formula is just right and it does make my lashes look thicker and longer.
REVLON JUST BITTEN KISSABLE BALM STAIN - Smitten & Honey
This is definitely a GET IT product. Out of all the lip stains I've tried, this is the only one that doesn't leave my lips chapped. This goes on smoothly, leaves just the right amount of color and lasts a long time.
Thanks for stopping by and pls feel free to ask questions or leave comments.