I decided to make another magnetic makeup palette so I could condense all my LORAC palettes into 1.
If you've been following my blog then you've probably seen my tutorial on how to make your own "z palette".
This time I needed to make a bigger palette and so I came up with the idea of using my daughter's old book.
For the materials, you will need:
-hardcover book (thickness should be the same as that of the foam)
-printed packaging tape
-sheet of black foam
1. I start by cutting out the pages of the book since we will only need the cover.
2. Measure and draw the window.
3. Cut out the window with your knife.
4. Place a strip of tape in the center to cover the crack where the pages used to be.
5. Next is cut your magnetic sheet. I placed one side of the book on top of my sheet as a guide. I decided to cut it a little smaller to leave room for my foam strips but this is optional since you can always glue your foam on top of your magnet too.
6. I then cut my foam into about 1cm strips (just eyeballed it) and then cut it based on the length and width of the back side of the book.
7. I then glued the magnetic sheet and foam using my fabric glue. (this is what I like to use on most of my projects even when its not fabric because it holds up pretty good but you can also use craft glue or your glue gun)
8. Next, I covered the edges of the window with tape by overlapping it and folding it over to the other side.
9. I then cut my transparent sheet to put over the window. I used the piece I cut out for the window as my guide and just added about an inch extra on each side.
9. Now you can tape the transparent sheet over the window.
10. Now cover the rest of the book with tape.
11. Almost done. Now cut a strip of ribbon long enough to be used as a flap to close the palette ( probably around 2 - 3 inches) and then attach one end to the backside of the palette by taping it.
12. Cut two 1 inch squares out of the left over magnetic strip and then place one on the front side of the palette where the ribbon flap is suppose to close and cover it with tape. Lastly, glue the other square on the ribbon.
...and you're done! I took a picture of this palette with one of the palettes from my first tutorial so you can see the difference in size.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Pls feel free to ask questions or leave comments. Thank you!